Senior Private Sector Development Specialist
Michael Jarvis is a Senior Private Sector Development Specialist with the World Bank Institute, with an interest in private sector roles in development and strengthening ethical global business practices. He currently manages a program promoting good governance of extractive industries, but has worked on a variety of corporate responsibility and anticorruption efforts, including a business alliance to combat malnutrition. Prior to joining the World Bank, Michael worked on fair labor issues, promoting transparency in the arms trade, and as a consultant on historical corporate esponsibility and legal compliance issues. He can often be found in obscure music venues, a reminder of a brief stint on music radio.
- Get a bird’s eye view: drones and satellites for improved sectoral governance
- Governance and sovereign risk in resource rich emerging markets
- Governance of Extractive Industries: Old Metal, New Polish
- A cult of "multi-stakeholderism"? - An attempt to clarify when a multistakeholder approach is useful and how it can be most effective.
- Open and exposed? - Building up support behind open government commitments
- Mining Contracts – Five Tips for Governments and the Rest of Us
- A pigeon's eye view of open government
- A missing "G" in ESG? - an emerging case for integrated environmental, social and governance analysis
- Multistakeholder Mid-Life Crisis? - Time for a support group
- Houston - We Have a Problem When Transparency Does Not Convey Clarity
- Land Transparency – what makes for a good initiative? A case for a responsible investment index
- Beyond transparency: What’s next?
- The hybrid entrepreneur
- Turning deals into development
- From Deals to Development: A snapshot from Monrovia
- Inclusive is the new black
- Development 2.0 emerging from the blizzard
- A multiplying bottom line?
- Financial crisis lab rats
- Blackbeard's co-op on the high seas
- Business in a failed state
- A collective need to rebuild public trust
- CSR++ for agribusiness
- Legislating for doing good
- Necessity or luxury?