Senior Private Sector Development Specialist
Michael Jarvis is a Senior Private Sector Development Specialist with the World Bank Institute, with an interest in private sector roles in development and strengthening ethical global business practices. He currently manages a program promoting good governance of extractive industries, but has worked on a variety of corporate responsibility and anticorruption efforts, including a business alliance to combat malnutrition. Prior to joining the World Bank, Michael worked on fair labor issues, promoting transparency in the arms trade, and as a consultant on historical corporate esponsibility and legal compliance issues. He can often be found in obscure music venues, a reminder of a brief stint on music radio.
- Recycling – from Big Macs to ecomats
- Serious beach reading
- Brands drive action on tough global issues
- China’s first SRI fund
- Global fairtrade sales jump
- Landmark finance deal for Bangladesh’s poor
- The global corporation
- NGOs agree to a code of conduct
- SUV driver, ease your conscience
- Business schools waking up to CSR
- New global charter for responsible investment
- Management consultants discover social issues
- Corporate social irresponsibility reporting
- Going the extra mile as a corporate citizen
- No more sweatshops?
- Looking to a positive Wal-Mart effect
- Tainted by association?
- Fighting poverty profitably?
- Are you a responsible taxpayer?
- Sharia safe investing