Senior Climate Change Specialist
Nathan Engle is Senior Climate Change Specialist with the World Bank’s Climate Change Group (CCG) and the Water Global Practice (GP). Within the CCG, Nate works on strategy and operations for adaptation and resilience, climate finance, and metrics/evaluation. He is also responsible for climate change support to teams in the Water GP, represents the GP in key climate-related initiatives within the World Bank and at external events, and develops new analytical work to inform next generation water operations. He completed his Ph.D. at the University of Michigan’s School of Natural Resources & Environment.
- What cannot be measured must still be managed
- The U.S. Drought Monitor: A Sophisticated Tool, But Do Not Be Intimidated by It
- Preparation, not procrastination, for effective drought management
- Drought: The ‘dry’ face of climate variability
- A dire situation in Bangladesh
- Innovative adaptation goes beyond “good development”