Sabina Panth is a former consultant to the World Bank's External Affairs Operational Communication department (EXTOC).
Sabina has been involved in the international development field for over a decade. Her experience ranges from grassroots mobilization of women's microfinance groups in rural Nepal to macro-level project design and policy advice through her work at the Nepal's National Planning Commission, Ministry of Local Development, Ministry of Water Resources, the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, CIDA, DFID, Partnership for Transparency Fund (PTF), the International Foundations for Election Systems (IFES) and PACT. She currently sits in the advisory board of the NGO, Nepal Development Watchdog.
Sabina holds a Bachelors Degree in Environment from Gustavus Adolphus College and a Masters Degree in Sustainable International Development from the Heller School of Management and Social Policy at Brandeis University. She is trained in social analysis, policy research, program design, implementation, training and monitoring work. Sabina is specifically interested in exploring and analyzing relations of inequality in access to resources, power and opportunities that ultimately shape the gap between the rich and the poor.
- #4: I Paid A Bribe
- #7: Kibera: Making the Invisible Suddenly Visible
- Are Women More Susceptible to Corruption than Men?
- Action Groups Move…on Water
- Breaking the Mold
- A Country for My Daughter
- Is Open Data Really the Solution?
- Community Radio Stations as Vehicles for Social Inclusion
- Is Online Video-Sharing a Double-edged Sword?
- Can Virtual Civil Societies Build Citizen Competence?
- Opening Channels for Citizens to Directly Interact with the Government
- Meaningful Citizen Participation in Decentralization and Local Governance
- Engaging Communities to Track the Constituency Budget
- The Ficha Limpa (Clean Record) Campaign
- Are Citizen Service Centers Viable?
- Ring the Bell and Stop the Violence
- Combating Systemic Corruption in Education
- Women and ICTs: Different Strokes?
- Fascinating FreedomFone
- What Role Does Civil Society Play in Economic Development?
- How Do You Improve the Behavior of the Police?
- Girls Invent Social Network for Farmers in 48 hours
- Organic Vs. Processed
- Pink Panties in the Mail