Shaida Badiee, an Iranian national, directs the unit that produces the Bank's statistical products, with her work focused on economic information and systems to gather and share data among the Bank's member countries and partners. She is responsible for the annual World Development Indicators, as well as the World Bank Atlas, all of which contain detailed and comprehensive data and information on countries' and regions' progress in attaining social, economic and environmental goals. She also supervises production of the analysis and summary tables of Global Development Finance, the Bank's annual publication on capital flows to developing countries.
Before assuming this position, Ms. Badiee was chief of the systems division of the Bank's international economics department. Before joining the Bank in 1977, she taught computer science and information management at George Washington University.
- Reviewing the World Bank’s Analytical Country Classification: An Update
- Unir fuerzas para tener mejores estadísticas
- Joining forces for better statistics
- What happens when big data meets official statistics?
- A Review of the analytical income classification
- Iniciativa Datos de libre acceso del Banco Mundial cumple dos años
- Open Data at the World Bank: 2 years old today
- Improving public health with open data
- Open Data and Public Sector Debt