Shamiela Mir is a Communications Associate with the World Bank External Affairs Operational Communications Department. She has been working at the World Bank for 5 years in communications and more specifically, in development communication, risk analysis and consultations. Shamiela firmly believes that participation of project beneficiaries in designing of projects greatly enhances development outcomes. It is with this belief that she became a communications professional at the World Bank.
Shamiela holds a master’s degree in International Development and Non-profit management from University of California, San Diego, Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies.
- 04/17/13 Can the Internet Make Elections Fair and Efficient?
- 02/20/13 I’m Sorry. Let Me Make It Up to You - Is There a Role for Apologies in International Development?
- 11/15/12 It’s Not about the Technology, It’s about the People: Evaluating the Impact of ICT Programs
- 10/10/12 Grievance Redress Mechanisms – Do they work?
- 09/13/12 Paralegals and Social Accountability: Who knew?
- 07/26/12 Can ICTs Advance Human Rights?