Sina Odugbemi is a Senior Communication Officer (Policy) in the Operations Communication Department, External and Corporate Relations Vice- Presidency of the World Bank Group. Between 2006 and 2011, he was Program Head of the Communication for Governance & Accountability Program (CommGAP). He has over 25 years of experience in journalism, law, and development communication. Before he joined the World Bank in 2006, he spent seven years in the UK’s development ministry, DFID. His last position was Program Manager and Adviser, Information and Communication for Development. Sina holds a Bachelor’s degree in English (1980) and in Law (1986) from the University of Ibadan, a Master’s degree in Legal and Political Philosophy (1999) from the University College London, and a PhD in Laws (2009) at the same university on the subject Public Opinion and Direct Accountability between Elections: A Study of the Constitutional Theories of Jeremy Bentham and A.V. Dicey.
Sina’s publications include a novel entitled The Chief’s Grand-daughter (Spectrum Books, 1986) and three co-edited volumes: With the Support of Multitudes: Using strategic communication to fight poverty through PRSPs (2005), Governance Reform under Real-World Conditions: Citizens, Stakeholders, and Voice (2008), and Accountability through Public Opinion: From Inertia to Public Action (2010).
Sina says: ‘I am endlessly fascinated by the role of public opinion in producing social and political change, especially the structural and process factors that either help or hinder that impact. I firmly believe that public opinion is an under-appreciated but critical factor in how governance works. I look forward to exploring these and similar issues with you all.’
- FT Weekend: Glimpses of Unattainable Opulence
- Quote of the Week: Shimon Peres
- Quote of the Week: Zhang Lei
- Overwhelming Pictures, Perturbing Reportage
- Quote of the Week: Junot Diaz
- Quote of the Week: George R.R. Martin
- Reputation and Governance Styles: The Leader as a Smart Aleck
- Quote of the Week: Tim Harford
- Quote of the Week: Lee Hsien Loong
- The Fourth Revolution: The Global Race to Reinvent the State
- Quote of the Week: Prince Charles
- Quote of the Week: Barack Obama
- Is Your Project a Focusing/Mobilizing Event?
- Quote of the Week: Rachid al-Ghannouchi
- Quote of the Week: Brendan Nyhan
- “I contain multitudes": Is Logical Consistency an Illusory Ideal?
- Quote of the Week: Mary Midgley
- Which is a Threat to Your Mental Health, Nationalism or Patriotism?
- Quote of the Week: Michael Ignatieff
- Quote of the Week: Arvind Kejriwal
- Should You Tackle or Avoid Undiscussables?
- Quote of the Week: David Brooks
- Quote of the Week: Ha-Joon Chang
- What if Grand Corruption is the Price of Peace?
- Quote of the Week: Dana White