Tim is a Data Scientist at the World Bank, where he supports ongoing efforts to expand and improve the Bank's portfolio of open data products, and advises governments and organizations that are advancing their own open data initiatives. Tim helped to coordinate the launch of the World Bank’s Open Climate Data Initiative in 2011, and managed the Apps For Climate competition in 2012. Prior to joining the World Bank, Tim served as Director of Online Communications at the World Resources Institute, an environmental think tank based in Washington, DC. While at WRI he also served as a Climate Policy Specialist and project lead for the Climate Analysis Indicators project. He also worked in the private sector for many years as a technology consultant to several leading U.S. companies. Tim holds a Master’s degree in public policy from the Georgetown Public Policy Institute and a bachelor’s degree in communications from Bethel University in Minnesota.
- What do you think of the all-new data.worldbank.org?
- Two views on the Data Revolution
- Energy, Emissions and Elevation: 6 Quick Climate Facts
- Relaunching the Open Data Catalog
- The Future of the Open Data Catalog
- Apps For Climate Winners Announced at Newseum
- Integrating the Bank's Open Data
- Announcing the Apps For Climate Finalists
- Apps For Climate – time to vote for your favorites!
- « Vos applis pour le climat » : encourager l’innovation par la compétition
- Aplicaciones para el clima: Fomento de la innovación a través de la competencia
- Apps for climate: Encouraging innovation through competition
- Apps For Climate Competition Kicks Off