Lead ICT Policy Specialist
Tim Kelly is a Lead ICT Policy Specialist with the World Bank’s ICT sector department and infoDev. He led programs on Creating Sustainable Businesses for the Knowledge Economy and eTransform Africa. He was formerly Head of the Strategy and Policy Unit of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), and previously worked with the OECD and Logica Consultancy Ltd. He has written or co-authored more than 30 books on the subject of economics of information and communication technologies including the World Bank’s "Building Broadband", ITU’s "Internet Reports" and "World Telecommunication Development Report" and OECD’s "Communications Outlook". He has an MA (Hons) degree in geography and a PhD in industrial economics from Cambridge University.
- Tunisie : La promesse d’un printemps perpétuel grâce aux nouvelles technologies
- A new Toolkit to help develop national broadband strategies
- We've updated the Africa tech hub map using your suggestions
- Tech hubs across Africa: Which will be the legacy-makers?
- Connecting to Work: ICTs & Jobs
- Understanding “Foregoing” Behavior at the Base of the Pyramid in Kenya
- Africa: Using ICTs for transformational development
- Mobile phone credit instead of bread? For many Kenyans, a real dilemma
- ICTs: Keeping the Tunisian Spring Evergreen
- تكنولوجيا المعلومات والاتصالات: الحفاظ على الربيع التونسي مزهرا