Note: Victoria ended her work for NT2 in August 2010.
Victoria Minoian is in charge of the communication and public information services for the Nam Theun 2 project in Laos PDR. Originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina, Victoria considers herself a typical "porteña", meaning she – like half of her generation – does not dance the tango in full fashion.
Victoria has been developing her career in both the private and public sectors. In 2002 she joined the World Bank in Washington, DC, Latin America and the Caribbean region. Nowadays, the East Asia and Pacific region has provided her with the opportunity to work from the field, based in Vientiane, Laos. This chance is offering her a fantastic and varied perspective of the operations work on the ground.
During her time away from work she enjoys reading, swimming, dancing, singing and listening to rock, opera and fox trot music. She truly enjoys Asian food, but she also truly misses an Argentine beef, empanadas and a little bit of cold, snowy weather. But hey, life is full of surprises, so this is the time for the tropics, exotic fruits and everlasting warm, rainy and even warmer days!
- What difference do 16.5 kms of rural roads make? An answer from the effect of NT2 revenues in Laos
- Does the chance to access information carry a duty from those who ask?
- Independent Advisory Group makes 9th visit to Nam Theun 2
- Information about NT2 hydropower project in Laos: A Library of Babel? It depends on your point of view
- ມັນເປັນໄດ້ຫຼາຍກວ່າເຂື່ອນ: 41 ປີຜ່ານມາ ຮ່ອງຮອຍປະຫວັດສາດຍັງຄົງເຫຼືອໄວໃຫ້ເຫັນ ຢູ່ລາວ
- More than a dam: In Laos, history still makes itself present after 41 years