Director of Strategy and Operations
Zia Qureshi is currently Director of Strategy and Operations in the Office of the Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of the World Bank. He has held leadership positions at the Bank in the past twenty-five years on both global economic issues and development policy at the country level. He is the author of numerous reports and papers on a wide range of topics in development. He has led teams on several flagship publications on global issues, including the joint World Bank-IMF Global Monitoring Report and the World Bank report on Global Economic Prospects. He is currently leading the World Bank’s work for the G-20 Growth Framework and Mutual Assessment Process; he was the lead author of the World Bank reports prepared for the G-20 summits in Toronto, Seoul, and Cannes. He has also served as Executive Secretary of the Joint World Bank-IMF Development Committee. His country work at the Bank has spanned a range of emerging markets and developing countries in most regions of the world. Prior to joining the Bank, Mr. Qureshi worked at the International Monetary Fund. He holds a D.Phil. in economics from Oxford University, where he studied as a Rhodes Scholar.
- 06/19/12 G20 Needs to Focus More on Growth
- 02/07/12 Europe: Fiscal Stimulus versus Structural Reform, or More?
- 02/06/12 Europe: Fiscal Stimulus versus Structural Reform, or More?
- 11/02/11 Cannes Summit: Building Foundations for Growth
- 11/17/10 A report back from the Korea Summit on the G-20's development agenda