The data set includes information on more than 4,300 infrastructure projects that have reached fi nancial closure. It covers projects in transport, energy, telecommunications,
and water and sanitation. The database highlights contractual arrangements, committed investment, and key information on investors.
The database offers a user-friendly way of organizing and navigating the data. It allows users to generate their own reports by selecting such criteria as sector, location, and type of contract. The Web site includes a range of useful features:
- A flexible reporting tool to generate aggregate and project-level data;
- Easy-to-use graphs and an interactive map;
- The “Challenge the Data” feature, which allows users to provide feedback and correct or add to the information in the database;
- A dedicated helpdesk to respond rapidly to requests from users, at firstname.lastname@example.org 
The database’s Web site offers a series of publications with up-to-date analyses of recent developments in private participation in infrastructure that build on the database:
- Annual assessments by region and by sector;
- Quarterly assessments of the impact of the global financial crisis on public-private partnerships in infrastructure;
- Brief, periodic analyses of issues of particular relevance in the "Did you know?" notes series.