Franziska Ohnsorge is Lead Economist in the World Bank's Development Economics (DEC) Vice Presidency. Previously, she worked at the International Monetary Fund and the Office of the Chief Economist of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. She is lead author of the World Bank flagship report, Global Economic Prospects. Her research has covered fiscal and financial sector policy, savings and consumption, capital flows, trade and commodity-related issues in emerging market and developing countries. She has co-authored a number of policy-oriented papers and academic papers on these topics. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from University of Toronto.
- The growing economic clout of the biggest emerging markets in five charts
- U.S. post-crisis trade weakness in 4 charts
- Rising debt and deficits in Emerging Market and Developing Economies (EMDEs) in 5 charts
- Global Economic Prospects in 10 Charts: June 2017
- Investment slump clouds growth prospects
- Quantifying uncertainties in global growth forecasts
- The recent credit surge, seen in historical context