Marcel Ionescu-Heroiu works as Senior Urban Development Specialist in the World Bank office in Bucharest, Romania. Some of the key areas Marcel has worked on include: urban and regional development policy and competitiveness; the management of EU Operational Programmes; project prioritization; local and regional governance; sustainable development and climate change; and brownfields redevelopment. Marcel has led or contributed to projects in: Romania, Poland, Turkey, the US, Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, India, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Croatia.
Marcel received his undergraduate degree in Economics from Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and holds a Ph.D. in Regional Development from Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA.
- Veniți pentru lucru, stați pentru oraș: Atractivitatea orașelor magnet din România
- Come for the job, stay for the city: The attraction of magnet cities in Romania
- Turning Romania’s secondary cities into engines of growth
- Transformarea oraşelor mari din România în motoare ale creşterii economice
- Economic growth in Europe: Leaving no region behind
- Metropolitan development is central to Romania’s economic development
- Dezvoltarea metropolitană este vitală pentru dezvoltarea economică a României
- Cum pot consolida orașele din România capacitatea de implementare pentru a obține un impact de dezvoltare mai mare?
- How can Romania’s cities strengthen implementation capacity for greater development impact?