Global Adviser on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI)
Clifton Cortez is the Global Adviser on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) for the World Bank. Prior to joining the World Bank, he served as Team Leader, Gender, Key Populations and LGBTI – HIV, Health and Development Team/Democracy and Peacebuilding Group with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in New York, where he led the team responsible for leadership of UNDP’s HIV and health-focused policy and program contributions to sustainable development, including as relates to inclusive growth, governance, and gender. He simultaneously served as the UNDP global senior manager responsible for policy and program direction on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) inclusion. Clif has over 20 years of experience in programming with UNDP and USAID in middle- and low-income countries related to inclusive growth, governance, HIV/health, displaced people/refugees, people living with disabilities, disaster risk reduction/climate change and gender. His expertise includes the integration of LGBTI as a crosscutting concern in capacity development and development knowledge.
- Trois choses à savoir sur la Journée internationale contre l’homophobie et la transphobie
- Three things we need to know about “SOGI”
- Tres cosas que debe saber sobre el Día Internacional contra la Homofobia y la Transfobia
- LGBTI ในประเทศไทย: ข้อมูลใหม่แสดงเส้นทางสู่การเป็นหนึ่งเดียว กับสังคมยิ่งกว่าที่เคย
- LGBTI in Thailand: New data paves way for more inclusion
- To fight discrimination, we need to fill the LGBTI data gap