Christian Bodewig is the Program Manager for Southern Europe at the World Bank, based in Brussels. He oversees the Bank’s operational, advisory and analytical programs in the region, with a special focus on Greece, Cyprus, Italy and Portugal.
Prior to his current assignment, he served as program leader for inclusive growth in the European Union where he coordinated the World Bank’s lending and advisory projects in education, health, poverty and social protection and labor in EU Member States. Between 2009 and 2013 Mr. Bodewig worked in the East Asia and Pacific department where he oversaw the Bank’s human development program in Vietnam and led analytical and operational activities in education and social protection. Between 2003 and 2009 he worked on operational and analytical projects in education and social protection in South-Eastern Europe, based in Washington DC, Sarajevo and Sofia.
Mr Bodewig is the co-author of the 2018 World Bank study "Growing United: Upgrading Europe's Convergence Machine" as well as the 2014 Vietnam Development Report and has published on education, skills, social protection and labor market issues in Europe and Asia.
Prior to joining the World Bank, Mr. Bodewig was one of the founders of the German youth initiative “Schüler Helfen Leben” focused on promoting education opportunities of youth in South-Eastern Europe.
Mr. Bodewig holds degrees in economics and political economy from University College London and the London School of Economics. He is fluent in English, German, and French.
- Aligning education and social protection to boost education equity in Europe
- Reemplazar un trabajo por otro trabajo: ¿la automatización eliminará las nuevas oportunidades para los trabajadores?
- Replacing work with work: New opportunities for workers cut out by automation?
- Education’s hollow promise of social mobility in Europe
- Preparing for the robots: Which skills for 21st century jobs?
- Promoting equity in education to prepare for a greying Europe
- Education is the key to integrating refugees in Europe
- Кризис с беженцами: возможность для стареющей Европы?
- Vietnamese Youth: Strong in Literacy and Ready for More
- PISA 2012: Central Europe and the Baltics are Catching Up – but Fast Enough?
- Điều gì lý giải cho kết quả ấn tượng của Việt Nam trong kỳ thi PISA 2012?
- What explains Vietnam’s stunning performance in PISA 2012?
- What skills are employers looking for in Vietnam’s workforce?
- Người sử dụng lao động đang tìm kiếm những kỹ năng nghề nghiệp gì?
- From rice to robots: Is Vietnam's workforce ready for the future? Let us know what you think!
- Từ lúa gạo đến rô bốt: Liệu Nhân lực Việt Nam đã sẵn sàng cho tương lai? Hãy chia sẻ ý kiến của bạn!