Senior Environmental Specialist
Tracy Hart is a Senior Environmental Specialist with the World Bank's Environment and Natural Resources Global Practice. Previously, she was a Senior Environmental Specialist with the Bank's Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region. Prior to this position, Tracy worked in the Environment Anchor for the Bank’s Sustainable Development Department and for the Water Resource Management Group for Central and Western Africa in the Bank's Water and Urban Unit. Tracy's fifteen years of work in the World Bank has been at the nexus of water and the environment, including wastewater treatment reuse, water quality management, groundwater injection and recharge, wetlands conservation and rehabilitation, integrated ecosystem management based on hydrological systems, and environmental impact assessment, including EIA quality assurance and risk management. Tracy holds a Masters and PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics, with a specialization in Water Resource Economics, from the University of California at Berkeley, and a Bachelors of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University. She worked as a trade economist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service and served as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer in Mauritania.
Blogging on: Voices
- Snowmelt, climate change and urban pollution—new perspectives
- Quoi ! Des lions, des tigres et des ours en Jordanie?
- أسود ونمور ودببة، في الأردن؟
- Lions and tigers and bears, what on earth! In Jordan, no less?
- Où en est la situation de l’eau dans le monde arabe?
- ما الذي يحدث للمياه في المنطقة العربية؟
- As water disappears from the Arab world, data is falling from the sky
- Pour que le rôle de la femme change dans la région, la voix des hommes peut faire toute la différence
- لماذا يؤثر صوت الرجال في تغيير دور المرأة في الشرق الأوسط
- Why men's voices make all the difference in changing the role of women in the Arab world
- Le vent qui souffle sur nos têtes peut-il résoudre nos besoins énergétiques ?
- هل تحمل الرياح حلولا لاحتياجاتنا من الطاقة؟
- Is there an answer to our energy needs blowing in the wind?
- The 2,400 liter hamburger
- Coca-Cola in water: giving back
- Water: what's next?
- All-or-nothing in water treatment?
- New currents in water supply
Blogging on: Voices