Disaster Risk Management Specialist
Zuzana is a Disaster Risk Management Specialist at the World Bank East Asia and Pacific Disaster Risk Management Team where, since 2010, she has worked on projects related urban resilience, flood risk management, and disaster risk financing. Her country experience includes Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam and the Philippines. Zuzana is the co-author and co-editor of Strong, Safe, and Resilient: A Strategic Policy Guide for Disaster Risk Management in East Asia and the Pacific (2013); Building Urban Resilience: Principles, Tools and Practice (2013), and other World Bank publications. Prior to joining the World Bank, she worked at the Friedrich Ebert Foundation in Berlin, the European Commission Representation to Germany, and IBM. Zuzana also worked as a researcher for Acción Emprendedora in Chile, and the Center for Transatlantic Relations in Washington DC. A native of Slovakia, she holds a Master’s degree in International Affairs from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), Master’s degree in European Studies from the Humboldt University in Berlin, and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Cambridge.
- Mengubah ‘disabilitas’ menjadi ‘kemampuan’: kesempatan untuk mensosialisasikan perkembangan inklusi disabilitas di Indonesia
- Turning ‘disability’ into ‘ability’: opportunities to promote disability inclusive development in Indonesia
- Menjaga pembangunan Indonesia dari semakin bertambahnya risiko bencana
- Safeguarding Indonesia’s development from increasing disaster risks
- Go with the flow – adaptive management for urban flood risk
- Better forecast, better preparedness – investing in improved weather services
- Flooded rivers: taking a bird’s eye view
- Disasters, funds, and policy: Creatively meeting urgent needs and long-term policy goals
- Using green infrastructure to control urban floods: a win-win for cities
- OpenStreetMap volunteers map Typhoon Haiyan-affected areas to support Philippines relief and recovery efforts
- กรุงเทพฯ หลังน้ำท่วม 2554: คนยากจนเป็นอย่างไรบ้าง?
- Bangkok post 2011 floods: how about the poor?