Adviser, Education Sector, World Bank
Quentin Wodon is an Adviser in the World Bank's Education Department where he leads the cluster on equity, resilience, and early childhood development. Previously, he managed the Bank's unit on faith and development, served as Lead Poverty Specialist for Africa, and as an Economist/Senior Economist in the Latin America region. Before joining the World Bank, he worked as Assistant Brand Manager for Procter & Gamble Benelux, volunteer corps member with the International Movement ATD Fourth World, and was an Assistant Professor of Economics at the University of Namur. He holds graduate degrees in business engineering, economics, and philosophy, and PhDs in Economics and in Theology and Religious Studies. He serves on a number of advisory boards, as Associate Editor for academic journals, and as adjunct Professor at Georgetown University, and is actively engaged in pro bono work with nonprofits.
- Child marriage: A persistent hurdle to health and prosperity
- Technology in Nepal’s classrooms: Using impact evaluation as a learning device
- Enfants non scolarisés : un enjeu toujours d’actualité
- Out-of-school children: a promise yet to be fulfilled
- Niños que no asisten a la escuela: Una promesa incumplida
- الأطفال غير الملتحقين بالمدارس: وعد لم يتم بعد الوفاء به
- Investing in Young Children: Two New Resources on ECD
- Ending Violence against Women
- Tutoring for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- A Free Online Course on Early Childhood Development
- Malaria, Ebola, and Saving Lives
- Reducing the Gender Gap in Education
- Extreme Poverty is More than Just Living on $1.25 a Day
- Water and Sanitation for Health: Why Is Progress Slow?
- World Teachers’ Day: Are Teachers Satisfied?
- Climate induced migration in MENA
- Mesurer le coût économique du mariage des enfants
- Medición del costo económico del matrimonio infantil
- Measuring the Economic Cost of Child Marriage
- قياس التكلفة الاقتصادية لزواج القاصرات
- Eliminating Child Marriage to Boost Girls’ Education
- Fighting Malaria and Reducing Child Mortality by a Factor of Ten
- مكافحة الملاريا وخفض معدل وفيات الأطفال
- Public, Private Secular, and Faith-inspired Schools: How Do They Differ?
- Art of Service Delivery: Learning from Faith-inspired Health Care Providers