What will it take …to improve your life? …for your children to be better off? …for mothers to be healthy? …for all to get a good education? …to end poverty? More than 1.3 billion people around the globe live on less than $1.25 a day. Fighting poverty in times of crisis may be challenging, but we can’t take our eyes off the most vulnerable.
Get Involved and Take Action
- Post your questions on Twitter using #whatwillittake, for example:
- #Whatwillittake to end poverty?
- #Whatwillittake for your family to be better off?
- #Whatwillittake to get more girls in school worldwide?
- #Whatwillittake for you to get a better job?
- #Whatwillittake for all children to grow up healthy?
- #Whatwillittake to end hunger?
- #Whatwillittake for your children to learn 21st century skills?
- #Whatwillittake for everyone to have clean water?
- #Whatwillittake to improve transportation where you live?
- #Whatwillittake to reduce pollution where you live?
- Share your solutions with the hashtag #ittakes. Ask others to join in. The conversation is in Arabic, French and Spanish, with more languages coming soon.
- Visit us on Facebook. We’ll be posting new questions and answers around the campaign regularly and inviting you to respond.
- Watch for new videos on YouTube with ideas from around the world.
- Explore our data viz Tumblr and open data site, read our blogs, let us know what you have to say.
We’ll share what you have to say with leaders from around the world at the IMF/World Bank Annual Meetings in Tokyo, Japan, in mid-October. We're starting a new global conversation and we want your ideas: What will it take to end poverty?