The stories of two families in a new video produced for the Spring Meetings illustrate how safety nets can change lives.
Hearing the words of Laila, a child in Brazil who benefits from the Bolsa Familia conditional cash transfer program, and Abeba, a girl in Ethiopia whose father works on a Productive Safety Nets labor-intensive public works program to put food on the table, reaffirms the objectives of safety net programs: to make societies more equitable and provide opportunities to poor people.
- Video: Safety Nets in the Developing World
- Bank Social Protection and Labor Strategy
- Safety Nets Website
- Safety Nets: An Infographic
- Feature: Power of safety Nets to ‘Close the Gap’
- Webcast and Live Blog: Safety Nets Work (April 18, 2012)