The Development Committee  is scheduled to meet on Monday, October 5.
The committee is a forum of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund that facilitates intergovernmental consensus-building on development issues. Its mandate is to advise the Boards of Governors of the Bank and the Fund on critical development issues and on the financial resources required to promote economic development in developing countries.
At their meeting, the Development Committee will review the Bank's financial capacity to provide assistance to countries coping with the economic crisis and beyond, and discuss the issue of "voice" (ensuring people from all parts of the world have a say in key issues that affect them).
Earlier this week, the Development Committee released the following papers, which serve as the basis for discussion.
- A Review of Some Aspects of the Low-Income Country Debt Sustainability Framework  (pdf)
- Review of IBRD and IFC Financial Capacities - Working with Partners to Support Global Development through the Crisis and Beyond  (pdf)
- Enhancing Voice and Participation of Developing and Transition Countries in the World Bank Group: Update and Proposals for Discussion  (pdf)
- Update to the Development Committee on key issues and World Bank Group activities  (pdf)
- Development Committee website 
(Photo:  Augustin Carstens, Development Committee Chair.)