Here at the World Bank, we publish a lot of stories, press releases, blogs, videos, and more each year. We also pay close attention to which ones get read the most. Here are your favorite stories published in 2015, measured by the number of unique visitors (except where noted).
Three of the top 5 stories this year concerned climate, in the lead-up to the December meeting in Paris where the world’s nations reached a new accord to fight climate change.
- Rapid, Climate-Informed Development Needed to Keep Climate Change from Pushing More than 100 Million People into Poverty by 2030 (Nov. 8)
- Who Gains and Who Loses from Plunging Oil Prices in the Middle East and North Africa Region? (Jan. 29)
- Innovating Against Odds: How a Province in Pakistan is Transforming Itself (Sept. 24)
- Carbon Pricing Is Expanding: Initiatives Now Valued at Nearly $50 Billion (May 26)
- 3 Steps to Decarbonizing Development for a Zero-Carbon Future (May 11)
- Year in Review 2015