Tiago Carneiro Peixoto
Tiago Peixoto (PhD) is a Team Lead at the World Bank’s Digital Engagement Unit. Featured in TechCrunch as one of the “20 Most Innovative People in Democracy”, Tiago's work focuses on the intersection of technology, citizen engagement and governance. At the World Bank he works with governments to leverage technology-enabled solutions for better public policies and services. As the lead of the Bank’s Digital Engagement Evaluation Team (DEET), he coordinates evaluation and research activities that apply cutting-edge methodologies to examine the effects of technology on participation, transparency, accountability and government responsiveness. Prior to joining the World Bank, Tiago managed projects and worked as an advisor and consultant for various organizations, such as the European Commission, OECD, United Nations, and the Brazilian and UK governments. A Research Director of the Electronic Democracy Centre at the University of Zurich and faculty member of NYU’s Governance Lab, Tiago holds a PhD and a Masters in Political Science from the European University Institute, as well as a Masters in Organized Collective Action from Sciences-Po Paris. He blogs at DemocracySpot.net and tweets at @participatory .
- Unusual suspects? Effects of technology on citizen engagement
- Participación de los ciudadanos: Siete preguntas, una conversación
- Citizen Engagement - Seven Questions, One Conversation
- #10 from 2012: Technology Drives Citizen Participation and Feedback in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Technology and Politicians' Promises
- Open Government Webinar: ICT for Citizen Engagement