- Be African or of African descent
- Be within one or two years of completing their Ph.D.
- Be enrolled in an academic institution and returning to university after the program
- Be below 32 years of age
- Have an excellent command of English (both written and verbal)
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
Participation in the program may start at any time during the year. Fellows receive round-trip air travel to Washington, D.C. from their university, and remuneration during their fellowship. Throughout their Fellowship, students will be able to use their access to World Bank facilities, information and staff to enhance their doctoral research. After completing six months of the fellowship, high performers will be offered an additional six months to continue their work with the Bank.
Interested students are strongly encouraged to attend the World Bank Global Youth Summit in Washington, D.C. on October 23, 2013. Following the summit, a #wbfellows Tweetup will take place at the World Bank, with various Diaspora organizations. At the Tweetup, students will be invited to ask questions to a World Bank staffer about the Fellowship program.
For more information: http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013/09/13/world-bank-group-fel...
Apply now: http://wbgsurvey.worldbank.org/Community/se.ashx?s=7DE331F804E987CB