Alvaro Enrique Pedraza Morales
Alvaro Pedraza is an Economist in the Finance and Private Sector Development Team of the Development Research Group. His research interests include financial economics, asset pricing and macroeconomics. Prior to joining the Bank he worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Colombian Association of Pension Fund Administrators and the National Collateral Fund of Colombia. He holds a B.A. in Physics and a M.A. in Economics from Universidad de los Andes in Colombia, and a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Maryland.
- Smart investments? The costs of choice and excessive switching in pension funds
- The hidden costs of index investing in foreign markets
- Informed trading in business groups, ownership concentration, and market liquidity
- The short-term objectives of long-term investors
- The informational role of stock prices
- Correlated Trading by Pension Fund Managers