Online communications, Education
Anne is the World Bank Group’s Online Lead for education. Previously, she was the web editor handling the World Bank’s online activities in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Singapore. Anne has a Master's degree in Journalism (with Distinction honors) from the University of Sheffield in the U.K. and her writing has been published in The Guardian, BBC Radio Times online, CNN Traveller, CNBC Business Magazine, and more. In 2007, Anne's article "Amplifying Peace Across Borders" won the International Essay Competition for Young People sponsored by the Goi Foundation of Japan and UNESCO. She is originally from the Philippines and is now based in Washington DC. Follow her on Twitter: @aelicano
- 2017 in review: The top ten World Bank education blogs
- The significance of Int’l Youth Day in 2016
- 2015 in review: Top eight World Bank education blog posts
- Teachers matter
- Harriet Nannyonjo on why school leadership should be supported
- Social and online media for social change: examples from Thailand
- สื่อสังคมออนไลน์เพื่อเปลี่ยนสังคม: ตัวอย่างจากประเทศไทย
- Answers to your questions on jobs and skills
- Wanted: Jobs –and your questions about how to find them
- Donde los tigres salvajes pasean
- Where wild tigers roam
- Fighting HIV/AIDS in Thailand: can distributing clean needles ever be as easy as giving out condoms?
- VIH/SIDA en Thaïlande: sera-t-il un jour aussi simple de distribuer des aiguilles stériles que des préservatifs?