Benedikt Lukas Signer
Financial Sector Specialist
Benedikt Signer works as a Financial Sector Specialist with the World Bank’s Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program (DRFIP). In this role, he supports countries to strengthen their financial planning to better manage climate and disaster shocks. Benedikt works mostly in Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, as well as coordinating the international policy agenda for DRFIP. Previously, Benedikt was at the World Bank’s Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR), where he worked on GFDRR's strategy and program development, as well as engagement with donors, partners, and international forums such as the G20. He has a Master's degree in Global Politics from the London School of Economics.
- New project uses satellites for rapid assessment of flood response costs
- Disaster risk and climate threats: Taking action to create better financial solutions
- Small Island Developing States are Taking Action to Strengthen Financial Resilience to Natural Disasters
- Pulling the Tablecloth Out From Under Development Efforts - Without Breaking a Glass
- From Mozart to Sustainability – New Ideas from Salzburg