Dean Mitchell Jolliffe
Dean Jolliffe is a lead economist in the Development Data Group at the World Bank. He is a member of the Living Standards Measurement Study team and co-lead of the team that works on global poverty measurement (PovcalNet). Previously, he worked in the Research Group and the South Asia region of the World Bank. Prior to joining the World Bank, he was a research economist with the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, an assistant professor at Charles University Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education in Prague, an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Public Policy Institute, and a postdoctoral fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute. Dean holds appointments as a research fellow with the Institute for the Study of Labor, as a co-opted council member of the International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, and as a fellow of the Global Labor Organization. He received his PhD in economics from Princeton University.
- Alternative methods to produce poverty estimates when household consumption data are not available (Part I)
- Casi 1 de cada 2 personas en el mundo vive con menos de USD 5,50 al día
- Près d’une personne sur deux dans le monde vit avec moins de 5,50 dollars par jour
- Nearly 1 in 2 in the world lives under $5.50 a day
- واحد تقريبا من كل اثنين في العالم يعيش على أقل من 5.50 دولار للفرد في اليوم
- Why the World Bank is adding new ways to measure poverty
- Global poverty in 2015: PovcalNet’s new estimates and improved documentation
- Malgré le relèvement du seuil international de pauvreté à 1,90 dollar par jour, la situation de la pauvreté dans le monde n’évolue pratiquement pas. Pourquoi ?
- The international poverty line has just been raised to $1.90 a day, but global poverty is basically unchanged. How is that even possible?
- رفع خط الفقر العالمي إلى 1.90 دولار في اليوم، إلا أن المعدل العالمي للفقر لم يتغير في الأساس.. كيف يمكن ذلك؟
- The world is about as poor as we thought, and the fight to end poverty remains ambitious
- Raising the Game to Deliver Pro-Poor Growth for Bangladesh
- Evening It Up: A New Oxfam Report on Inequality
- Of Oxfam, inequality, public services and twinning
- Bangladesh: Resilience and Long Term Goals