Operations Officer, Innovation Labs
Based in the Social Enterprise Innovations (SEI) Unit at the World Bank, Elaine works on improving last mile service delivery through creating better enabling conditions for social enterprises to scale their impact. Elaine manages the development of evidence-based knowledge products on innovative social enterprise models and their application for scale through public-private collaboration. Prior to joining SEI in 2014, Elaine worked on multi-sectoral government reform programs in Latin America and Asia in the World Bank’s Macro and Fiscal Management Global Practice, including 4 years in the WB Country Office in Jakarta. She has a Masters in City Planning from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a Bachelors in Economics from Wellesley College.
- Beyond building products – changing hearts and minds to actually use them
- The Business of Doing Good: Supporting the Social Enterprise Sector
- La menstruación causa ausentismo escolar de las niñas en el mundo
- Les menstruations, source d’absentéisme scolaire dans le monde
- Globally, periods are causing girls to be absent from school
- Bridging the public-private divide to scale-up health solutions: the story of VillageReach