Emily Bartels-Bland is a Communications Associate with the World Bank’s Latin America and Caribbean communications department. A German-British national, she has also lived in both Bolivia and Argentina. Prior to joining the World Bank, she was a consultant at the Pan American Health Organization and Chemonics International. Emily holds a BA in Journalism and Mass Communication, and an MA in International Development from American University.
Read more of her work:
- 85 million reasons to prioritize persons with disabilities during disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Blockchain: How the Fourth Industrial Revolution can help accelerate progress towards development
- When a hurricane strikes, diseases know no borders
- Despite challenges, Venezuelan migration into Colombia can boost its growth
- “We will bounce back”: Stories from Dominica after the storm