Erik Feyen is Head of the Macro-Financial Unit in the Finance, Competitiveness, and Innovation Global Practice of the World Bank Group. In this capacity, he leads the global monitoring and analysis of key macro-financial trends and their implications, including fintech and decentralized blockchains. Erik advises on fintech-related country operations and coordinated the development of the World Bank – IMF Bali Fintech Agenda. Erik represents the Bank in the Analytical Group on Vulnerabilities of the Financial Stability Board (FSB) and served as a member of the FSB’s Financial Innovation Network. He also represents the Bank in the Financial Action Task Force regarding the use of virtual assets for money laundering and terrorist financing purposes. Erik has led a wide range of country engagements related to financial development, stability, and regulation, including several Financial Sector Assessment Programs (FSAPs). He has written extensively on international macroeconomics, financial stability, and financial development and his publications have appeared in leading journals such as the Journal of Financial Economics and the Journal of Portfolio Management (view selected papers here). Erik holds a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Amsterdam, an M.S. in Technology, Policy, and Management / Electrical Engineering from Delft University of Technology, and has lectured at various institutions including Columbia University.
- Cross-border spillover effects of the G20 financial regulatory reforms: results from a pilot survey
- Which countries face corporate balance sheet vulnerabilities? a novel monitoring framework
- Unpacking the bond surge and slump in Emerging Markets
- Six Financial Sector Challenges for Emerging and Developing Economies
- Cheap money: Addiction and ‘cold turkey’ risks
- Assessing the Impact of the Euro Crisis on Long-Term Credit Provision in Europe
- Benchmarking Financial Systems with a New Database
- Euro in the Twilight Zone: Past Lessons, Implications and Policy Options (part 2)
- Euro in the Twilight Zone: Past Lessons, Implications and Policy Options
- Alice in Euroland: What next for Europe’s rapidly shrinking banks?
- Should State Banks Continue to Play a Role in the Middle East and North Africa?
- What Drives the Development of the Insurance Sector?
- A Better Way to Benchmark Financial Sector Development