Håvard Halland is a senior economist at the World Bank’s Finance & Markets Global Practice, Investment Funds Group. His research and advisory work focus on sovereign wealth funds (SWF) and strategic investment funds. In particular, his work has focused on fund mandates, governance frameworks, as well as economic and policy implications of SWF's domestic investment.
Håvard is an author or joint author of academic and policy research papers, book chapters, magazine articles and blogs, and regularly presents at international conferences and seminars. He earned a PhD in economics from the University of Cambridge.
- How to manage revenues from extractives? There’s a book for that!
- Will Sovereign Wealth Funds Go Green?
- Comment gérer le secteur des industries extractives ? Suivez le guide !
- ¿Cómo gestionar el sector de las industrias extractivas? ¡Hay un libro para ello!
- Development finance frontline: Senegal’s Strategic Investments Fund
- Are stars aligning for clean energy financing?
- How to manage the extractives sector? There’s a book for that!
- Oil exporters must shift capital stock to renewables
- Can “Resource Financed Infrastructure” Fix the Natural Resource Curse?
- Sovereign Wealth Funds Are Coming Home
- A Billion-dollar Opportunity for Developing Countries
- Resource-Backed Investment Finance in Least Developed Countries