Jim Yong Kim
Jim Yong Kim (@JimYongKim), M.D., Ph.D., is the 12th President of the World Bank Group. Soon after he assumed his position in July 2012, the organization established two goals to guide its work: to end extreme poverty by 2030; and to boost shared prosperity, focusing on the bottom 40% of the population in developing countries. In September 2016, the World Bank Group Board unanimously reappointed Kim to a second five-year term as President.
During his first term, the World Bank Group supported the development priorities of countries at levels never seen outside a financial crisis and, with our partners, achieved two successive, record replenishments of the World Bank Group’s fund for the poorest. The institution also launched several innovative financial instruments including facilities to address infrastructure needs, prevent pandemics, and help the millions of people forcibly displaced from their homes by climate shocks, conflict, and violence.
Kim’s career has revolved around health, education, and improving the lives of the poor. Before joining the World Bank Group, Kim, a physician and anthropologist, served as the President of Dartmouth College and held professorships at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health. From 2003 to 2005, as director of the World Health Organization’s HIV/AIDS department, he led the “3 by 5” initiative, the first-ever global goal for AIDS treatment, which greatly to expand access to antiretroviral medication in developing countries. In 1987, Kim co-founded Partners In Health, a non-profit medical organization that now works in poor communities on four continents.
Kim has received a MacArthur “Genius” Fellowship, was recognized as one of America’s “25 Best Leaders” by U.S. News & World Report, and was named one of TIME magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World.”
- ضرورة العمل معا لإنهاء الأزمة السورية
- Couverture de santé universelle – l’heure est venue d’agir
- Cobertura universal de salud: Es hora de actuar
- حان الوقت للتحرُّك من أجل التغطية الصحية الشاملة
- Nuestra aspiración en París: Fijar el camino hacia un crecimiento económico limpio
- L’ambition de la conférence de Paris : ouvrir la voie à une croissance économique propre
- The ambition of Paris: A path toward clean economic growth
- طموح مؤتمر باريس: الطريق نحو نمو اقتصادي نظيف
- Déclaration du président du Groupe de la Banque mondiale, Jim Yong Kim, à la suite des attentats à Paris
- Statement by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim on Paris attacks
- El acceso a la energía es una cuestión de justicia social
- L’accès à l’énergie, une question de justice sociale
- Energy access is a social justice issue
- الحصول على الطاقة قضية عدالة اجتماعية
- Vers la tarification du carbone
- The path to carbon pricing
- El camino hacia la fijación del precio del carbono
- الطريق إلى تسعير الكربون
- I am a migrant
- Je suis un immigré.
- I am a migrant
- Soy un migrante