Senior Environmental Specialist
Lia Carol Sieghart is a Program Leader and Lead Climate Change Specialist at the World Bank. She is based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. She is responsible for coordinating the climate change program in Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan and is working closely with teams across Global Practices. Prior to joining the Bank, Lia worked at the German Development Agencies (GIZ and CIM) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization delivering climate change programs across the globe - while also serving as a climate change negotiator to the UNFCCC. In her 17+ years of professional experience, Ms. Sieghart has worked in more than 40 countries and worked extensively in Fragile States. Lia has authored and published a wide range of climate change related articles in renowned journals. She holds a PhD and an MSc from the University of Salzburg (Austria) in cooperation with the University of Queensland (Australia) in Environmental Sciences.
- Bangladesh: The challenges of living in a delta country
- Risks for Bangladesh in a hotter world: Painting a picture from the science
- Meeting the challenge of climate change in Yemen
- مواجهة تحدي تغير المناخ في اليمن
- الأردن يرسم طريقا إلى الأمام من خلال توجه شامل للتخفيف من آثار التلوث
- An inclusive approach to defining mitigation activities: Jordan shows a way forward