Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Cash transfers and temptation goods: A review of global evidence
- Friday Roundup: Tackling Inequality, Ushahidi on crisis data, Technology and Africa, Gates on Sachs, and ABCDE sign up
- Urbanization as opportunity
- Friday roundup: Internal displacement, energy in India, Ukraine and the EU, funding green and blue revolutions for Africa
- The effect of aid on growth: Evidence from a quasi-experiment
- Friday Roundup: Data on Maternal Mortality, Best and Worst Places to be a Mother, Rewarding Careers, and Mom Magnet
- Doing Business methodology updates
- Friday Roundup: Sources of Humanitarian Aid, Stolen Girls, First Thousand Days, South Sudan, and New Kaushik Basu Paper
- Changing Mindsets, Empowering People
- Friday roundup: Malaria, Piketty and Ravallion, Oxfam Challenges IFIs on Inequality, and Global Flows in the Digital Age
- Growth, Inequality, and Social Welfare: Cross-Country Evidence
- New Book: Right to Work? Assessing India's Employment Guarantee Scheme in Bihar
- Financial Education during Schooling Years Improves Financial Behavior Later
- Friday Roundup: DeLong on Piketty, Gentzkow wins Bates Medal, Mobile Money, and Remittances in Africa
- Dynamic Effects of Microcredit in Bangladesh
- WB President has conversation with Sachs and Basu moderated by Lowrey of the NYT
- Friday round up: Spring Meetings at the WB and IMF
- New Working Paper by Aart Kraay and David McKenzie: Do poverty traps exist?
- Friday Roundup: Malthusian worries, USAID global development lab, Hillary on ending poverty, Africa Impact Evaluation and a sharing prosperity event
- Friday Roundup: Tunisia cronyism, Africa land grabs, Banerjee to lecture, Piketty and Easterly books reviewed, Basu in top thinker contest and more
- Friday Roundup: Chronic poverty, remittances, debating inequality, water worries and agriculture, and gender in Africa
- Friday round up: Population worries in Africa, the internet in 2025, managing oil wealth, global food policy, and Bangladesh microcredit
- Inspiring change, one drop at a time!
- Friday round up: Women in Ukraine, new fund for women entrepreneurs, women and the law, WBG President and staff on women in development
- Friday Roundup: Redistribution and Growth, World Development Report 2015, Psychology and Economics, Democracy, and ABCDE 2014