Michael Boampong is the founder of NGO Young People We Care (YPWC) where he serves as Board Member and Advisor. Michael Boampong has been actively engaged in youth development and migration policy issues since 2005. He has worked with a range of civil society organizations, youth networks and international agencies such as UNDP and UNICEF in the design and implementation of policy and field oriented initiatives that promote rights based approaches to migration, poverty reduction, social inclusion and justice. Most recently consulted as a lead moderator for the UN’s forthcoming World Youth Report on Youth Migration and Development. He is an ardent believer in youth empowerment and believes that if the youth are not empowered now, the world will not realize any meaningful development. To learn more about Michael, visit: www.michaelboampong.com
- World Radio Day: Celebrating Young People
- A Secure Life for Young People, at Home or Abroad
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A True Youth and Development Advocate
- Thinking About Going Back Home After Studying Abroad?
- Buddy, Why Don’t You Stay Home?
- Lessons from Wangari Maathai’s "I Will Be a Hummingbird" Story
- Happy International Youth Day: It is time to reflect on the International Year of Youth!