Pablo Benitez is Senior Environmental Economist working with the Climate Group of the World Bank. He joined the World Bank from Marbek Resource Consultants in Canada where he served as Chief Economist and led a variety of environmental economic analysis projects for government and private sector clients. Previously, he worked as an economist for the Ministry of Environment of British Columbia, the International Institute of Applied System Analysis (IIASA) in Austria, the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands and the German Agency for Technical Cooperation in Ecuador.
Pablo holds a PhD degree from Wageningen University (The Netherlands) in Environmental Economics. He has an extensive list of peer-reviewed publications on climate change and was a lead author of the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report. In the past, he was also Senior Lecturer of Environmental Economics at the University of Victoria and Carleton University.
- Bajemos la temperatura: De la ciencia climática a la acción
- Cooperation, the key for climate action in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Cooperación, la clave para combatir el cambio climático en América Latina y el Caribe
- Un curso online gratis ofrece pistas para hacer frente a la nueva realidad climática en América Latina y el Caribe
- Carbon markets, still in the game