Soonhwa Yi is Senior Economist of Development Economics Prospects Group at the World Bank. Part of her current responsibilities, she serves as a focal point for three of the twelve Thematic Working Groups of KNOMAD (Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development) - namely, Low-skilled labor migration, Migration, security and development, and Internal migration and urbanization. The work includes ensuring the quality and the delivery of outputs by each thematic working group. Areas of her current research interest includes good practices on promoting low-skilled labor circulation, labor policy responses to aging population, and migration as an adverse shock absorber.
- Call for Proposals: Value Chain Analysis of Recruitment Costs
- Migration and Development in the East Asia and Pacific Region: Potential to gain from boosting regular migration
- Internal Migration – Improving Welfare of the Rural Poor
- Internal Migration: Opportunities to Speed up the Urbanization Process
- CALL FOR PAPERS: KNOMAD Conference on Internal Migration and Urbanization, Dhaka, Bangladesh, April 28-29, 2014
- Reducing Migration Costs
- Low-skilled labor migration: Korea’s Employment Permit System