Xubei Luo is an economist in the East Asia and Pacific region’s Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Department. She joined the World Bank as a Young Professional in 2005. She has worked on regional economy, investment climate, public expenditure tracking, growth, trade and logistics, labor market, poverty and inequality issues in China, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, and European Union countries. Her research has been included in several journals, books, and policy research working paper series.
Xubei holds a Ph. D. in Economics from International Development Research Center (CERDI), University of Auvergne, France , and MAs in Project Analysis, Development Economics and Economic Policy from CERDI, an MA in Finance and a BA in International Finance from Sun Yat-Sen University, China.
- Risks and Opportunities of Participation in Global Value Chains
- Risk-taking by the enterprise sector can support people’s resilience
- Migration to cities can equalize household income in rural China
- Impacts of migration on rural poverty and inequality in China
- Improving investment climate important to boost economic growth in Thailand