Senior Public Sector Specialist
Zahid Hasnain is a Senior Public Sector Specialist at the World Bank, where he has been since 2002. His interests are in public financial management and public administration reform, and he has worked on Pakistan, Indonesia, Mongolia, and Papua New Guinea. He holds a PhD in Political Science from the University of Chicago.
- Has e-government improved governance? Not yet.
- Beyond romance and nostalgia: A clear-eyed view of long term career-based incentives in the public sector
- Performance-related pay in the public sector: Experimentation with humility is an appropriate stance, given the state of the evidence
- Road to prosperity: five ways Mongolia can improve the quality of its infrastructure spending
- Voluntarily Tying Government’s Hands: Civil Society Oversight of Procurement in Mongolia
- Time to rethink performance-related pay