Lead Economist and Program Leader for Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions for Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
Birgit Hansl, a German national, is the World Bank’s Lead Economist and Program Leader for Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions for Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand in the East Asia and the Pacific Region. Her expertise lies in macroeconomic and fiscal management, public financial management and institution building, and growth and productivity analysis, including trade diagnostic. Her work experience spans over the World Bank program in Asia, Africa and Europe. Before joining the Bank, Birgit worked in academics and a number of bilateral and multilateral organizations. Birgit holds a Ph.D. and a Master’s Degree from the London School of Economics.
- The Philippines: Resurrecting Manufacturing in a Services Economy
- Как Россия может выйти из рецессии?
- How can Russia grow out of recession?
- Russia's recovery? In the long term, it depends on structural reforms
- The Impact of Falling Oil Prices
- Why Should we Worry about Russia’s Low Growth?
- Два сценария развития экономического будущего России
- The High-Risk, Low-Risk Scenarios for Russia’s Economic Future
- Россия: великое замедление
- Russia’s Great Deceleration
- Monthly World Bank Updates on Economic Developments in Russia Now Available
- Leveraging Regional Integration for Rwanda
- Rwanda: Resilience in the face of adversity
- Seeds for Higher Growth in Rwanda