Alex Sienaert is a Senior Economist in the World Bank’s Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment Global Practice, and the Bank’s Resident Representative in Mauritius and Representative in absentia for the Seychelles. He has previously worked in Jakarta as Indonesia Country Economist, and in Washington, D.C., as a member of the Bank Treasury’s Government Debt and Risk Advisory team.
Prior to joining the World Bank, Alex was an emerging markets economist and fixed income strategist for Standard Chartered Bank in London, Singapore, and Dubai, and for JP Morgan in London. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Cape Town and a doctorate in economics from the University of Oxford.
- Réflexions insulaires sur Maurice et les Seychelles
- “Notes from a small island”*: reflections on Mauritius and Seychelles
- Revisi PDB Indonesia: Potret yang Lebih Tepat
- Indonesia’s GDP revision: a crisper snapshot
- Indonesia’s investment in flux
- Investasi yang tak menentu di Indonesia
- Indonesia’s “continuing adjustment”