Claudia Ruiz is an Economist in the Finance and Private Sector Development Team of the Development Research Group. She joined the Bank in September 2011. Her research has focused on understanding the impact that access to finance has on individuals and firms, and the role that financial services have in promoting economic development. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from UCLA.
- How big data helped us estimate the impact of an intervention with 0.8% take-up
- The political economy of bank lending: evidence from an emerging market
- The determinants of long-term versus short-term bank credit in EU countries
- Households’ use of long-term finance
- The international bank lending channel of monetary policy rates and QE: credit supply, reach-for-yield, and real effects
- How Can Finance Influence Productivity of Agricultural Firms?
- Bringing Formal Credit to Informal Households