Jorge Coarasa is a Senior Economist with the World Bank Group Investment Climate Department where he focuses on private participation in health and education. He started with the WBG at the IFC office in Nairobi where he managed the Health in Africa Initiative Advisory Services projects in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania. Before joining IFC he was a Deputy Director General with the Ministry of Social Development of the Mexican Government. He oversaw the strategic planning of 18 national social programs aimed at increasing access to health, education and social protection for the poor. He has been a consultant on human development issues with the World Bank and the UN, a teacher at a rural teacher training college in Mozambique and a management consultant with Deloitte.
- Primarily Small: The Private Health Care of the Poor
- Étendre l'accès à des services d'assurance maladie abordables : un même objectif, une multitude de voies possibles
- Ampliar los seguros de salud asequibles: Muchas recetas diferentes para el mismo plato
- زيادة التأمين الصحي بأسعار معقولة: تحقيق نفس الأهداف بطرق مختلفة
- Scaling Up Affordable Health Insurance: Same Dish, Many Different Recipes
- Can informal health entrepreneurs help increase access to health services in rural areas?