Samia Melhem is a lead Policy officer at the Transport and ICT Global Practice. She chairs the Digital Development Community of Practice, and leads GICT's Transformation practice as well as its Knowledge, Learning and Solutions functions. Her current operational responsibilities include lending and technical assistance for the ICT sector . In her 20 years of experience in development at the World Bank Group, Samia has worked on ICT4D in a several sectors: Telecoms & Broadband policy, ICT for public sector Transformation, for improving health and education services, and for innovation and private sector development. Samia held several positions as regional coordinator in different regions such as Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Senior Operations Officer at InfoDev, and Strategy and Policy Officer in ECA, Africa and IMT. She has worked in more than 40 countries, and has authored several research notes, working papers, case studies and policy notes. She holds degrees in Electrical Engineering (BS), Computer Sciences (MS) and Finance (MBA).
- Burkina Faso’s digital ambition: transforming through eGovernment and digital platforms
- Towards a free, open and secure Internet
- Smart Africa returns – with a focus on Rwanda
- A global information society: are we there yet?
- Creating 1.2 Billion Unique eIDs: Lessons from India
- Connected and Healthy: Using ICTs to Improve People’s Health
- Think Young, Act Fast, Re-Use