Senior Legal Specialist, Gender and Development Unit
Tazeen Hasan is a Senior Legal Specialist in the Gender and Development Unit. She is the co-author of a recent book on Empowering Women: Legal Rights and Economic Opportunities in Africa. She was the legal specialist for the World Development Report (WDR) 2012: Gender Equality and Development and the WDR Companion Report Opening Doors: Gender Equality in the Middle East and North Africa. She worked on a multiregional initiative focusing on legal constraints over fifty years impacting on women's economic empowerment together with the Women Business and the Law Program. Prior to joining the World Bank Group, she practiced as a barrister in the UK and subsequently worked in Kenya as a legal advisor to NGOs. She obtained a Masters in International Law from the London School of Economics and a B.A. in Law from Pembroke College, University of Oxford.
- Raviver l’ancien héritage d’émancipation des femmes au Yémen : en quoi la réforme juridique peut-elle être utile ?
- البناء على إرث اليمن: كيف يمكن للإصلاح القانوني أن يساعد على تمكين النساء
- Building on Yemen’s ancient legacy of female empowerment: How legal reform can help
- End Discriminatory Laws, and Transformative Change Can Follow
- L’autonomisation des femmes passe par l’égalité devant la loi
- Empowering Women by Making Legal Rights Work — A Winning Idea (cross-posted)
- Empowering Women by Making Legal Rights Work -- A Winning Idea