Known as the world’s premier conference on cities, the World Urban Forum – now in its 10th session – WUF 10 will host over 15,000 participants from over 160 countries in Abu Dhabi from February 8-13. They will engage in hundreds of conversations and debates on a spectrum of issues facing today’s fast-growing cities under one unifying theme – Cities of Opportunities: Connecting Culture and Innovation.
With an annual investment of $7–8 billion globally in urban development, disaster risk management, resilience, and land, – from governments and civil society to the private sector and academia – to inform decisions and inspire solutions for building livable, productive, resilient, and sustainable cities for all.
- Convergence: Five Critical Steps toward Integrating Lagging and Leading Areas in MENA | Publication launch on February 9
- Creative Cities: Creativity and Culture for Jobs and Inclusive Growth | Joint World Bank-UNESCO event on February 10
- The Hidden Wealth of Cities: Creating, Financing, and Managing Public Spaces | Publication launch on February 11
- Handbook for Gender-Inclusive Urban Planning and Design | Publication launch on February 12
Download our event flyers and mark your calendar. We’d love to see you there!
If you can’t make it to our events, come meet us and read our publications at the World Bank's booth (H9-12).
Not in Abu Dhabi? We’ll be tweeting and livestreaming! Be part of the conversation on social media:
- Follow @WBG_Cities, @SamehNWahba and @DasMaitreyi on Twitter and tweet using #WUF10
- Follow the World Bank on Facebook and Instagram
- Subscribe to our Sustainable Cities blog
- Subscribe to our Sustainable Cities & Communities newsletter
- Visit www.worldbank.org/worldurbanforum to learn more about the World Bank at WUF 10